Saturday, October 20, 2012

Welcome to Splurge American! First Post: OPI

I've become more and more interested in buying American since starting a career in manufacturing. A lot of people tell me that it is difficult to find American made products, but I have not found this to be the case. I think part of the reason for this is that I'm a shopaholic. If I can't find exactly what I want, I have no trouble shopping for hours until I do, in fact, that just makes it more fun. I'm starting this blog to feature American made products that I've found and I either, use, buy or just really want. Ideally, they will be both high quality and affordable, but occasionally I'll post something that's a total splurge.

Today's featured product is something most people can afford, is available almost everywhere, and something I use myself. OPI nail polish. A lot of people might be surprised that a machinist and an environmentalist gets professional manicures and pedicures, but I've found it's the best way to keep me from biting my nails. I know using nail polish is potentially environmentally nasty, but I've decided to pick my battles with this one, and one thing to mitigate that damage is to choose a company that makes it's products in the USA and stands behind the safety of it's products. I decided to switch nail shops when I found out that my regular manicurist was using Chinese nail polish. When there little price difference between American Made nail polish like OPI or Orly and a huge quality difference  it just makes sense to Splurge American.

No comments:

Post a Comment